West Lulworth Village

West Lulworth Village

West Lulworth is a picture-postcard village located less than a mile from the beach at Lulworth Cove. Most visitors will drive through it on their way to the Cove or to Durdle Door (if arriving from the NE).

SAT NAV Postcode BH20 5RN (Google map) – the postcode is for The Castle Inn pub which is in the main road.

West Lulworth Village. Photo shows the High Street lined with pretty thatched cottages.
West Lulworth Village (stock image)

The above photo shows a view down the Main Road through the village leading to Lulworth Cove. It’s one of the prettiest villages in Dorset. However, it doesn’t usually look as empty as this except for in the winter. During the summer months it can get very congested with visitors on their way to Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door. Unless you are staying in the village please do not park here or in any of the side streets. Please use the car park at Lulworth Cove or the one at Durdle Door.

Holy Trinity Church on the corner of Church Road and West Road. The church was consecrated in 1870 and replaced a much earlier Norman church that had fallen into disrepair. Much of the stonework from the old church was used in the new church. http://www.holytrinitywestlulworth.org.uk

Related pages:  Lulworth Cove / Durdle Door / Man O War BayLulworth Castle